Expressed by: Cassandra Dennis
We are 120 days into 2017 and many of us are off and running with our new year resolutions. Many have started businesses, joined gyms, opened investment accounts, applied for a passport, working on being debt free, downloaded self-help books and so much more.
Or some of us have lost our motivation and given up or started and stopped so many times that we are disappointed with ourselves. We must remember, this is not a race and we all proceed at our own pace. The reasons for setting out to accomplish our goals this year must be personal to us; not because someone believes or feels we should do something. Our motivation must come from within.
Go back to your goal or get it done list and do this for me:
- Review your list and decide is this something you want to accomplish or something someone else wanted you to accomplish, and strike through those goals that you know you will not put forth the effort to accomplish.
- For the goals left on your list write out to the side your reason for wanting to accomplish this goal, and write out empowering key words or quotes, build a musical play list or audio books or inspirational speeches to listen to when your’re running out of steam.
- Write out a mini plan for obtaining that goal. Remember, without a plan you have already planned to fail.
- Place a picture next to each goal. If it’s losing weight, put a leaner picture of you or a particular outfit you want to get into; if it’s a trip put a picture of that place and your passport next to it, now you get the picture.
- Each day refer to your “get it done list” and encourage yourself with what you have written and your visual aids.
Now, get moving we both have work to do.