Expressed by: Cassandra Dennis
What an AMAZING and ENTERTAINING NIGHT!!
We learned so much about ourselves and received refreshing reminders about this journey called life.
- We learned to laugh at ourselves again.
- We realized perfection is overrated; it’s the love for what we are passionate about, love of people and perseverance that reflects a good part of our character.
- Wow, how the theme of the night flowed, U n i t y. The theme spotlighted how it is our similarities AND our differences that bond us uniquely as one, one human race. It is that bond that drives us to stand as ONE against division.
- We were reminded to appreciate the view from where we are sitting or standing in life, but know that we have the ability to change our view.
- We saw first-hand that no one knows our journey better than us, so it is up to us to share our matchless story through the eyes of our essential reality.
- And please let us not forget The Arts and Music is a common thread that unites us. It is our commitment to express our journey and the journey of others that lead to well written stories, monologues, lyrics, layered and intertwined musical instruments and beats, fictional and biographical characters brought to life on stage or on the small and large screen. It is this bond, which embraces collaborative efforts, because we never really walk alone.
- It’s our collaborative movement that encourages us when we want to quit.
- It’s our collaborative movement that sincerely appreciates the gifts and contributions of others.
- It’s our collaborative movement that reminds us to stand tall on the shoulders of those who stood and sacrificed for us.
- It’s our collaborative movement that empowers us to continue to strengthen and build upon those shoulders we stand on for our future generations.
- It’s our collaborative movement that celebrates the amount of room there is for all of us to be shining stars.
- It’s our collaborative movement that is always in forward motion to continue the journey of inclusiveness.
- It’s our collaborative movement that creates and innovates all that’s relational and binds us to grace, mercy, forgiveness and love. Our collaborative movement says we each are here to establish our portion of heaven on earth, that our Father has already predestined in our hearts.
Still haven’t caught on, okay, I will tell you, I’m talking about the Grammy Awards. James Corden climbed, flipped and rolled onto the Grammy stage to begin an extraordinary night with powerful messages. Watching the Grammy’s is big for me because I don’t normally watch award shows, but I felt compelled to watch last night’s show; and as you can see it left an impression beyond measure. Change is brought about with humanity standing strong and being a consistent force against division and unjust actions. I’ve realized what I’m passionate about and have to contribute to humanity, what about you?